Thursday, September 1, 2016

Tenerife Photo Diary Pt. 1

If you follow me on any of my social media, you might know that I recently went on a trip to the island of Tenerife - I literally talked about it non-stop and shared quite a lot of photos of it, I was that excited.
I had never been to the beach prior to this holiday and it's been a while since my family went on a long get-away, so I was convinced that those 12 days would be the best trip we ever went on - and I was not let down.

As Tenerife is an incredibly versatile island when it comes in landscape, cities and activies you're offered, there were so many incredible things I got to experience and so many incredible things I got to see that I decided that, instead of blabbing on and on about how much I enjoyed myself, I'd share my impressions through a photo diary, just like I did for my Rome trip - so here we go!


DAY 1 - Friday

Post-arrival pool shenanigans

Gorgeous decor next to our hotel's entrance

Playas de Troya


DAY 2 - Saturday

Playa la Pinta

Candid holiday photos courtsey of my star photgrapher (thanks Mom!)

After spending two days straight at the beach or our hotel's pool, my skin had clearly had enough as I woke up in the middle of the night with what felt like a hellish fever - my sunburn started to show!
I then proceeded to spent day 3 hidden beneath the shade of an umbrella, trying not to faint. Glamouros, I know.


DAY 4 - Monday

Caves near "Los Gigantes" - how incredibly pretty is this water?

Hiking up to the pirates' village Masca

What these pictures don't show is that we went on one of our most exciting adventures on this day - we took a speed boat ride far out into the ocean to watch dolphins and whales, which I sadly couldn't capture. Those were such intimate moments - especially seeing one only a week-old dolphin, that I will always remember.

What you also don't see is that it was nearing fourty degrees Celsius that day, which meant that I was basically bathed in sweat after our hike - luckily I got to jump into the freakishly turquoise sea afterwards!


DAY 4 - Tuesday



Playa de las Teresitas near the capital Santa Cruz - Tenerife's only beach that is covered in pure, white (or yellow-ish) sand which was imported straight from the Sahara!


  
 

Exploring Santa Cruz, the island's capital



Gorgeous greenery in La Laguna, the island's oldest city



Teide National Park


DAY 5 - Wednesday



Doing what I do best - shopping 'til I drop at the "Siam Mall", Tenerife's biggest mall and an absolute paradise for gals like me!



And that is it, at least for the first half of this photo diary - I feel like I covered so much in this post already that adding the other half to it might be a tad overwhelming. Because of that, I'm splitting this post into two, with the second part coming up on Saturday, so keep tuned for that!


If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. So pretty! Such a beautiful place! Hope you had a wonderful time! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely beautiful! And I had an amazing time, thanks love :) x

      Delete
  2. I went to Tenerife for the first time in June and I loved it! Such a great little island. It looks like you had a fab time ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such a great time! And I agree, it's such a wonderful island, I'd go back there if I could right now! x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig