Sunday, July 3, 2016

Rome Photo Diary Pt. 1


Oh Rome. The eternal city. People say that if you've never been to Rome, you cannot fully comprehend how beautiful life can be; and while I've always dreamt of visiting the city that is pulsing with history and culture and life, I was not prepared for what it was about to hit me with.

Myself and a group of my friends and classmates spent the last week in Rome, and while I'm pretty sure I could write paragraphs on end about all the different emotions and thoughts our trip has left me with, I thought a photo diary will say more than a thousand words - I took almsot 1500 pictures after all!

I'm splitting this into two parts because there's just so many photos that squeezing them into one post would be a huge mess, so here come our first three days - Saturday to Monday!


DAY 1 - Saturday

Snapshots taken on the way to our hotel


The Imperial Forums at dusk - absolutely breathtaking.


DAY 2 - Sunday

The Colosseum - the queue was waaay to long as entry to the Colosseum is free on Sundays, so we ended up going back another day!

The Forum Romanum

Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II

Piazza del Campidoglio

The river Tiber


DAY 3 - Monday

Basilica de San Pedro from the outside


Basilica de San Pedro on the inside



Views from the top of the Basilica's dome



Vatican museum

Finally - my first gelato: watermelon, melon and Kinder Bueno; the best I've ever tried!


That wraps up the first half of my trip to Rome - if you're interested in hearing about what went down during the other four days - and believe me, it was a lot - stay tuned for part two, which will be up on Wednesday!

If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Rome looks beautiful. I love your photos x

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even more beautiful when you see it in reality. Thank you dear!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, it all looks so stunning! Rome has been a city I have been in love with for so long, but have never been! Seeing your pictures, have only made me want to go more! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really visit some day, Rome is one of, if not the most beautiful place I have ever been! x

      Delete
  3. This has made me want to visit Rome so badly, love the photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's literally so true, you don't understand what it's like until you've been ! I would fly back to Rome tomorrow if I could, absolutely love your photos!!
    Billie
    Allure of a Girl
    www.allureofagirl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig