Sunday, August 2, 2015

My Favorite Summer Polish | Beauty

I've been thinking of good ways to start this post, but eventually they all led up to me sounding like some kind of addict in desperate need of a rehab. I know, I know. There must've been more than one moment in time where I said that I'd not buy any nail polish for a long while, but come on. We all secretly do that, right?

And as I was already going crazy while shopping in Berlin, walking into that one drugstore probably wasn't that much of a good idea, at least regarding my purse. But when I found myself standing in front of the Essie counter, ooh-ing and aah-ing at all the shades it had to offer, I decided, as I was already feelin' spendy, to go all the way. So I bought one. Which might've been one of the best decisions of my life.


I picked up "Bikini So Teeny", which is a pale blue shade that I've been admiring from afar for some time now. By looking at the bottle, you might think that it has some serious glitter running through it, but once applied to the nails, that glitter isn't noticeable at all.


I know, I have seriously small hands. Like, very small.

Quality wise, this is hands down the best nail polish I have ever tried. I'd never owned a polish by Essie prior to this one - shocking, I know, especially for someone who's as obsessed with painting their nails as I am - but amongst all the other brands that I tried, this one definitely stood out to me.

Even though it's more of a paler color, you'll only need two coats of the polish for it to look opaque. It's also insanely fast-drying, which I really appreciate as y'know, I'm one of those people who'll always, and I mean always, smudge at least one of their recently done nails because it was still not dry. Every damn time.

What impressed me most about this product, though, is its longevity. I had worn this shade for six day before it started chipping - six days! Most of the nail polishes that I own last for three or four, some only for two days. And there's a few pretty expensive ones amonst those.

All in all, I think it's safe to say that investing a few Euros more definitely pays off.
,Essie has an insane amount of shades to offer, and the quailty of them does not dissapoint. For 7,99€, you get a product which is outstanding in quality. 


What's your favorite polish by Essie?


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This is such a pretty colour, perfect for summer! My nails always chip really fast so I'll definitely need to try this nail polish! Would love if you could check out my new fashion post?:)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely one for people who're looking for long lasting nail polishes! I'm sure you'll love it!
      Of course I'll check it out. :) x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig