Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Berlin Clothing & Beauty Haul

As I mentioned when I talked about my carry-on essentials, I spent the past week exploring Berlin with my classmates - and obviously, besides all the culutral experiences and sightseeing, there was another big thing on our to-do list. Shopping.

The city I live in is by no means small, but it really can't compete with Berlin and its 3.5 million citizens. Judging by that, you can imagine that there are quite a few shops that I had only heard of, but never been to - so being in Berlin was the chance to get my hands on some damn neat gems.
I didn't really take care of my purse and what it contained, at least until I came home and realized that oh my god, what had I done, so I might've gone a little bit crazy within those three days I spent downtown.


Did you think I was exaggerating? I think it's safe to say that I wasn't. I actually wanted to check out some more stores, but we only ever had a few hours to roam around the shopping districts per day, so there simply wasn't enough time. Another reason to visit Berlin again!
Anyways, let's get into all the things that I bought, shall we?




The first shop I, and just about every other girl in my year, went to was Primark - here in Germany, there are only a handful of their stores, and all of them are loacted in the North, while I live in the South. Totally not fair, especially after I realized just how many cool things they had!

As we were kind of stressed out, I only got to try on and pick out a part of the things that I had an eye on, but some of them went home with me nonetheless.
I got a PS... Love lipliner, which I assume to be the shade 01 as it says so on the packaging, for 1,50€. It's a lighter, pink toned nude which looked like it would be a perfect match for MAC's "Kinda Sexy", so I'm really looking forward to giving that combo a go.
I also got a single eyeshadow of the same brand for 1.50€, which sadly doesn't have the shade's name on it, but it's a rather glittery, white to silver shade.
And because I didn't want to leave without any jewelery, I got the Aquarius version of the horoscope two-row necklace, 'cause y'know, that's my starsign- I actually wanted to get the bracelet version as well, but I was so stressed out that I completely forgot about it. Woops. It was 2.50€, which I think is incredibly cheap.


Clothing wise, the only thing that I got is this kind of peachy colored blouse that's made of a very lightweight material that feels comfortable on the skin, which certainly is not a given at a price tag of just 10€. It's got quite a V-neck, which I usually don't go for, but I found it to look very classy. You could either wear this with the sleeves down or roll them up halfways. I only wear the latter, actually, as I feel like it gives you an "I didn't even make the effort to look this great" kinda look.



We do have H&M here, but most of the stores are a hot mess and make my anxiety reach sky high levels.
When I went into the one located at the Kurfürstendamm in Berlin, which is basically the cities biggest shopping area, it was so simple and chic and organized that I actually had fun shopping there for the first time in forever.
I've been looking for some simplistic rings for quite some time now, so when I found these, I had to get them. For just 4,99€, you get four different rings, two of which are smaller and can be used as knuckle rings,while the other two are a bit bigger.
In my opinion, these are so gorgeous and could spice up pretty much any outfit.


When we were planning our shopping trips, one of my friends mentioned how much she wanted to pay a visit to Gina Tricot, a store that I'd never heard of before, but once she showed me some of the clothing on their website, I was sold.

I tried on a lot more things than I ended up buying, simply because I felt like some of their clothing didn't really compliment or was meant for my body shape, but this flowy shirt caught my eye.
I like flowy tops in summer as you can wear them with both shorts by day and more chic pants by night, without getting too hot and looking effortlessly elegant.
This one's got a pretty revealing back and a slight V-neck - again, where did this change of heart come from? Nonetheless, the 19,95€ this cost me was money well spent.



I was desperate to pay a visit to Kiko, even though there's a store in my city because I wanted to check out more of their products as I had only owned a lipstick and a lipliner before this trip. They also had a up to 50% sale going on, so can don't give me the stink eye. This was totally justified and very much needed.

Sticking with lip products, the first thing that went into my shopping basket was the Smart Lip Pencil in 702 for 1,20€, which is a bit of a bolder, brighter pink - a summery shade, without being too in your face, which is perfect for me as I'm not really one for bold lips.
Then I got a single eyeshadow in the shade "Infinity / 219" for 2,40€, a more glittery red toned brown shade which will be absolutely amazing for fall and winter.
And, as I'm a serious nail polish addict that should probably consider going to rehab - seriously, owning over 50 bottles can't be normal - I picked up two of them in shades 512, a slightly sparkly grey/muted purple and 359, a brighter peachy shade, for 1,90€ each.


Zara is a shop that intimidates me. Whenever I walk in there, there's so many fashionable people roaming around, looking at those super gorgeous clothes, and I legit feel like a sack of potatoes. No joke.

A friend of mine, however, loves their clothing, so I decided to give it a go and finally get something from there. And let me tell you, when I found this peplum top, I didn't care that it technically was a size too big. Nope, it was in the sale, and it was super gorgeous, and I needed to have it.
It was only 12,99€, which is not a price tag I would expect to find in Zara, and while I've only worn it once after buying it, I got quite a few compliments on it, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. This is when you know you've made the right choice, ladies and gents.




Last but not least is the biggest impulse buy in the history of impulse buys. My friends were only looking to buy a few more bottles of water because it was flippin' hot, but as always, I got distracted.
I always seem to end up in front of the Essie counter whenever I'm looking to pick up basic stuff like toothpaste, or toilet paper - or water. And as I'm probably the only beauty blogger on the planet to not own a polish by this brand and I've been eyeing up a list of shades for some time now, I picked up Bikini So Teeny, a pale blue shade that has tiny bits of shimmer running through it, for 7,99€.


To be honest, there were a few more things in the mix, but all of them were either little knick-knacks or things that I bought for my family, like freaking expensive chocolates for my Dad, a scarf for my Mom and a teddy bear for my brother - guess you wouldn't be that interested in those, are ya?

The thing is, as I'm typing this, another big bag of stuff I bought the weekend after I got home from Berlin is sitting across the room, silently judging me because that's supposed to be an "After Exams" haul in the making. Soon, I promise.

Have you ever been to Berlin? If you have, what's the greatest thing you bought there?


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Lmao, sack of potatoes...yeah me too. I need to get back on track with my exercise schedule. I've never heard of Primark but I would love to shop there though and I've actually never been to a Zara store but I've looked online at their clothing items I couldn't shop there, at least right now at this point in my life, I'm only 16 and have no job lol but yeah thee stuff is extra expensive but I will get something from there soon :) nice post girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig