Friday, July 3, 2015

Carry-On Essentials | Travel



It's finally July! For me, this month means freedom - even though I'm technically still in school - tan lines, and obviously, travelling!

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I'm leaving for Berlin next week, and I'm also going to travel some more with my family in August. So, to celebrate the fact that it's the most wonderful time of the year and I'm finally getting out of my home town and out into the big, wide world again, I decided to share a series of a few travel and summer related posts on here.

To me, doing some planning before going on a trip is mandatory. If I don't make a list of what I need to pack, I will live in constant fear that I'll have forgotten something important, and probably have a breakdown once I'm on my way. Not the greatest start for a holiday.
That doesn't aplly for my suitcase only, but also for my carry-on.
And because your carry-on is supposed to support you during your journey, especially if you're facing a long flight or train/bus/car journey, I wanted to share my absolute carry-on essentials.


First off, I'll obviously need my passport. That's the one thing you need to remember no matter what, especially if you're looking to leave the country.

As long journey can get really boring over time, I usually carry a few things to keep me entertained, because y'know, the entertainment system on your plane might not be working and you'll be stuck on an eight hour flight without any movies to watch. (That was hell, by the way.)
To avoid said situation, I usually pack a book - for my Berlin trip, that'll be The Maze Runner, which I've wanted to read for ages, as well as my phone and my headphones - the latter might also come in handy when you're seated next to someone who likes to talk, or someone who won't stop snorring...

And, as excessive phone use is going to drain your battery sooner or later, I make sure to always have my portable charger with me on journeys - this has saved my butt so many times, while sitting in London Heathrow for five hours or when I realized that I didn't charge my phone over night - every buck I invested in this was worth it.

Travelling can wear you out quite a bit, leaving you feeling dirty and/or poorly. To deal with that, I keep a few things to pamper myself a little in my carry-on. Body sprays are definitely a must in my eyes, as you'll probably end up getting somewhat smelly, and no one wants that. Victoria's Secret do a wide range of those, all of which smell absolutely gorgeous!
As my hands get pretty dry on an average day, heat or air-conditioning can wear them out even more - because of this, I want to have some hand creme with me to help with those bad boys. Same thing applies for my lips, which are also on the drier side and tend to get a little chipped - lip balm, like my EOS one right here, is very much needed.
And for my hair, which often turns into a knotty mess when I go for a few hours without brushing, I pack my Tangle Teezer, which appears to be the only hair brush to work with my hair at this point.

We all know that the food you get on a plane and train is pretty much either hit or miss, so I like having some snacks with me - as chocolate would not survive the summer heat and a bag of chips probably wouldn't fit, Haribo's gummi bears are usually an easy choice. And to battle bad breath, which, let's be real here, we all get during a longer journey, chewing gum is your best friend.

Lastly, I like having my sunglasses in my carry-on as you can hide your dark circles and tired eyes under them, while looking like a celebrity that just got off the plane from LA. Are you famous or just half asleep? The world may never know.


What is something that you need to have in your carry-on?

Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Your essentials are similar to mine. I still need to get myself a portable charger!

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig