Sunday, July 19, 2015

Benefit's Erase Paste | Beauty

I can't be the only one who lives in a constant battle against dark circles - we're talking the kind that just seems to never fade, even if you've had twelve hours of sleep and feel like you could conquer the world.
No, they'll always be there, making you look like you slept for around two hours and couldn't get yourself a coffee in the morning. To all the people who keep asking me if I'm ill - I'm not, thanks for your concern, but now's the time to stop taking the piss.

I've tried various concealers, most of which were budget products, with some more high-end ones thrown in the mix, but nothing seemed to work for me. Every product I had used covered my dark circles to a certain extend, but they'd always shine through anyways. Super frustrating, right?

Well, the weekend after I came home from my Berlin trip (if you're interested in what I picked up there, fashion and beauty wise, you should check out my haul) , I went shopping with my Mom, which never ends well - at least for my bank balance.
When I found myself roaming around the Benefit counter again, I decided that it was time for me to bite the bullet and finally purchase one of their products, so I got their "Erase Paste", which is a concealer that I had read really great reviews on, in the shade 1/light.




As you can see, the product comes in a pot - because of that, you get a spatula with it which will help you get the product out - a little complicated and messy, in my opinion, but as I only use this when I'm at home and not when I'm on the go, it's not that bad to me.
The Erase Paste also comes with a little handbook that includes advices regarding applying. It shows you how to use the product differently depending on whether you want to cover dark circles or spots, which I found really helpful.


As you can see, the product actually is a little lighter than it appears to be in the pot (thank god, the shade in the pot looked about 3 shades too dark for me).
The concealer has, as the name suggests, a rather thick, creamy consitentcy,  - because of that, you will need a little longer to work it into your skin, but it will also leave you with a dewy, slightly glowing finish!

This also has some seriously good coverage. I would class this as a medium to high coverage, depending on how much product I use - I tend to use a little more as that'll help me to erase my dark circles almost completely, with only the tiniest amount of darkness peaking through - which to me is like a miracle.
And as this has got really great coverage, a little goes a long way, meaning that the product should last you for a really long time!

The stay time of this is insane. Even though I don't use powder to set this as I found the paste to turn quite cakey when I do, the product lasts all day, still sitting where I applied it after around ten hours on the go.

Obviously, a lot of people will think twice about purchasing this at a price of 27€ - I did, too. I had this in my hand around five times and put it back on the counter before actually purchasing it.
But as this really does what it promises in the description and as you only need a tiny amount of product to cover your desired areas, this is a great investment which will last you ages, so if you, like me, are struggling with bad dark circles, I would highly advise you to check this out!

I would definitely like to browse through Benefit's products a little more, so I have a question for y'all - what is your favorite product of theirs that I should try in the future?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig