Thursday, October 27, 2016

15 Thoughts You Have When You're Sick

It's happened you guys - I've caught a bug. Now, I'm not one to get major colds often, usually once a year or less, but when they do come, they're coming on strong. This means that for the past week, I've been coughing and sneezing, drinking litres of tea to help against the burning pain in my throath and spent the majority of my time wrapped up in blankets in bed or on the sofa.

But I don't want to bore you with all the gory details. The most important thing about me being ill is that while I had all the intentions to write, I just couldn't do it. I have several unfinished blog posts sitting in my drafts that I started but couldn't finish because my brain was too mushy.

Not putting any content out for you guys has made me feel horrible as I basically dissolved into thin air for a week - but now that I feel a little better, I finally managed to sit down and write - and what's a better topic than the one that has dominated my past week?
I cannot be the only one who has very similar thoughts every time I'm ill, and while some of them are downright whiney, some are also funny - and maybe some of you might be able to relate as well!



1. What was life like before I was cursed with a blocked nose?

2. It's suddenly really chilly in here. Better get another blanket.

3. And now it's really hot in here. Thanks, fever.

4. I feel like going for a walk to get some fresh air would make me feel better, but even getting out of bed makes me dizzy, so that's a no.

5. *checks phone* Look at all of these people enjoying themselves. They don't appreciate the fact that they are able to do all of this fun stuff. Why didn't they catch this damn bug?

6.  At least it's now socially acceptable for me to snuggle up in bed with books and my laptop.

7. I'd love to concentrate on this episode of my favorite show right now, but my brain's so mushy that I'm basically staring at the screen and trying not to fall back asleep.

8. How many cups of tea a day are too many? Certainly this has to be healthy, I mean, at least I'm staying hydrated. *pours fifth cup of the day*

9. I want all the comfort food right now. Greasy fast food, sweets, chips - give it to me. I know I will probably feel even more horrible afterwards, but I really want it right now.

10. What have I done to deserve this cold?

11. Would it be too much to call my Mum and whine to her? Maybe she'll pay me a visit later.

12. ... and hopefully cook me some hot soup.

13. *checks symptoms on Google* ... maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

14. I've been coughing non-stop for a good thirty minutes and it's in the middle of the night, surely my neighbors in the flat next door are either going to call an ambulance or the police pretty soon.

15. I'm so exhausted that I can't even sleep anymore.




If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'? You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Awww get well soon! I got a good giggle out of this post because it's basically the nicer version of the thoughts I have when I'm ill!

    Diana
    coffeetalkwithdee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate right now! Here I am bunged up, major headache in my new pjams, cup of tea & a pile of snotty tissues building up around me. This post made me feel slightly better :) x
    www.elliswoolley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google always tells me that I have cancer and am basically going to die so I only search my symptoms when I need a good laugh. (: All of these are so very true though!

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig