Tuesday, September 13, 2016

How to Bake Lemon-Chocolate Cupcakes

 Baking is one of my favorite pastimes, but I did very little of it during the winter because no one in my family likes to eat a lot of sweets when it's so hot and it'd be a waste to throw all that good food away.

However, yesterday was my last day of freedom, aka the last day before senior year started, and because of that, I decided to do some celebratory backing. I wanted to try something I hadn't done before, and when I came across this lovely recipe on Pinterest, I decided to tinker with it - and what came to be were these lemon-chocolate cupcakes! They're both sweet and a little sour, they're the ebst of both worlds y'all.

When I asked you guys on Twitter whether I should share the recipe on here, the responses were utterly positive, so here we go!




To make these, you will need:

Cupcakes:
- 2 large eggs
-200g flour
- 115g caster sugar
-115g non-salted butter
- 100ml lemon juice, preferably freshly pressed
- zest of 2 lemmons
- 1/2 baking powder

Buttercream:
- 115g Butter
-175g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder

Decoration:
- 10 Raspberries
- Sprinkles

Method:

Cupcakes

1) To make your cupcakes, place all of the ingredients but the lemon juice into a mixing bowl and whisk for around two minutes so you'll have a well combined, smooth mixture.
2) Now, add the lemon juice to your cupcake mixture. Then whisk for another minute.
3) Place an even amount of your mixture into 10 cases.
4) Bake on the middle shelf of a preheated oven 190 c (170 c fan) for twenty minutes - once that time is over, use a coctail stick to check whether your cakes are done - stick it into a cupcake, if some dough sticks to it when you pull it out, then your cakes aren't done yet!

Buttercream

1) Whisk 115g of butter until it's very fluffy - the amount of time depends on how fast your whisk can go, really, and whether the butter is room temperature or was previously forzen - then add 175g of icing sugar into the same bowl.
2) Once your cupcakes have cooled down, you can pipe the buttercream onto them using a piping bag.
3) To give your cupcakes the final touch, place a raspberry on top of each cake and then dapple them with sprinkles - done!



If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig