Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My Favorite Palette from the Drugstore

You could say that I'm an eyeshadow palette snob. Pretty much all of my favorite palettes are high-end ones, such as Urban Decay's Naked or Naked Basics palettes - they might be rather expensive, but the quality they have to offer is more than worth it.

However, that doesn't mean that I don't like to branch out because there's definitely great alternatives to high end products - Essence, which is one of my all time favorite drugstore brands, never fails to come out with new exciting products that I love to try out.

Because of that it just so happened that I was browsing the Essence counter and stumbled upon their new "Blogger's Beauty Secrets" range which includes both nail polishes and palettes designed in collaboration with four beauty bloggers!
I was really intrigued by the concept, and when I saw that they also came out with a palette that can be used to both form eyebrows and create eyeshadow looks, designed by the wonderful Mary from strikeapose,  I had to get it - which wasn't so bad as it's merely 4.99€.



As you can see in the pictures above and the swatches below, the palette includes five powder products, three of which - 'hazel grace', 'audrey highbrow' and 'brigitte brown' - can be used to fill in eyebrows, while 'marilyn metallic' is a wonderul bronze eyeshadow shade that contains quite a bit of glitter; and 'billie vanillie' is the ideal highlighter for the inner corner of your eyes - or even an usual eyeshadow if you're feeling extra sparkly.
Besides that, it also comes with a wax that can be used in two ways - for one, it's supposed to fix your brows and set them in place and on the other hand, it can also be used as an eyeshadow primer.


without flash / with flash

After using this, I can finally say that I've found a shade that works for my eyebrows.
Even though I have dark blonde hair, the lightest shade is actually too light for me; however the second to darkest shade is a suprisingly good match for a drugstore option.

The quality of the products that are supposed to be used on the eyebrows is overall really good.
The wax works wonderfully, it keeps my brows in place all day; however, I have yet to try using it as an eyeshadow primer.
The darkest two eyebrow powders give off a high pigmentation, which I sadly can't say about the first one. If you either have really light eyebrows or want to use it as an eyeshadow, you might end up being disappointed. At the very least, they do stay on all day when used in combination with the wax.

The shimmery shades, on the other hand, are phenomenal.
Pigmentation wise, I dare to claim that they outshine even my beloved Naked palettes - my camera sadly didn't pick it up completely, even when I used the flash. The shades are so amazingly vibrant!
Their longevity is also amazing; even when used without any form of primer, they stayed on for around five hours, which is incredible for such a low price.


Overall, I would definitely recommend this palette to anyone, not just absolute eyeshadow lovers like myself.
With this little palette - it's actually so small and compact that it can easily be thrown into a handbag for when you might need it on the go - Essence covers both your need for eyeshadow and eyebrow powders, and they do it in such a clever way with high-quality products you wouldn't expect from a drugstore brand; and everything for less than a fiver!


Do you have a favorite eyeshadow palette - and is it from the drugstore or is it a high-end one?

If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. The bronze shimmer shade is gorgeous! I love my MUA palettes as they're great quality and affordable x

    Everything But The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette sounds lovely! I have a makeup revolution palette in romantic smoked and it's currently my favourite :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Essence and I would love to try this! I have so many new products on my wishlist from Essence I want to try, I don't know where to start! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig