Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Wardrobe Edit #1 | Fashion


Even though I don't talk about fashion on my blog too much, it's actually one of my favorite past times. I love coming up with outfit ideas and getting creative with my personal style - I've just always been a little to shy to share it with the world.

But as I told myself that I'd try to step out of my comfort zone more this year, I'm trying to take a step towards sharing more about my fashion on here by bringing 'The Wardrobe Edit' to you! I've seen a few bloggers share the newest additions to their wardrobe, so I decided to turn that into a little series myself.
So without further ado, let's get into last month's new purchases!



I've been really into my striped shirts lately. I don't know why I like them so much, but I feel like they are a wardrobe staple and pretty much go with everything. And because whenever I'm obsessed with something, I like to fuel my addiction as much as I can - so naturally, I picked up this cute, slightly flared shirt from ZARA for only 12.95€. Look at that price tag - buying it was totally justified even though I already have 254 stripped shirts hanging around in my wardrobe. Right?
The cloth, while rather thin, is super soft and feels great on the skin, so this is going to be great for when spring rolls around!


When I stumbled upon this sweater in Jovi Fashion, a small boutique near my school, I instantly fell in love. I've been looking for a V-neck like this one for the longest time now, so when I tried it on and it fit, even though it didn't appear to have a certain size , I had to take it home with me. For 17,95€, it's a bargain - and a really nice alternative to all the plain sweaters I own.


I'm annoyed that the pictures I took of it don't do this top from ZARA justice because in reality, it looks a whole lot prettier. It's made of black, ribbed cloth and much like that striped shirt, it feels so damn soft, I could stroke it all day. Again, I wanted to invest into a basic shirt as I feel like I tend to go for flashy pieces that sometimes end up not going with anything else I own - I feel like, at 7,99€, that was a pretty good investment.


My favorite addition to my wardobe this month must be the Nike Tanjun sneakers, which were a present from my Mom. I eyed these up when I was out and about with her once, but out them back on the shelf because I didn't have enough money on me - a few days later, I come home to find them sitting on my sofa! She's a damn sweatheart and I don't deserve her.
These are hands down the comfiest shoes I own. Wearing these is like walking on clouds! They're going to be a dream to wear when I go on a trip to Weimar with my class next week - so much walking ahead of me. Ugh.


I also picked up these black jeans from Hallhuber for 50€ when I was at Inglostadt Village, a designer outlet, which is absolutely fabulous and had me spending a little too much money.
Jeans must be the trickiest item of clothing for me to buy, it's almost impossible to find a pair that fit perfectly! These, however, are the best skinny jeans I could've ever hoped for - besides the perfect fit, I'm also in love with their material, they almost feel like they're made of silk when put on!


So there we have all the purchases I made in February - a little more than I'd liked, to be honest, but at least there's a few versatile basic items in the mix that I'll try to make work for as many looks as possible!

Did you make any exciting purchases to your wardrobe this month?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I have the same obsesseion with striped shirts! Stripes are just so damn pretty and addictive, haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally in love with them! I have to watch out or I'll end up with a closet full of striped shirts, hahaha x

      Delete
  2. I love the lace up jumper, it's so pretty, also, bit random but I'm loving your blog layout so much.
    acalculatedmess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really really like that one as well! And thank you so much, that means a lot to me. :) x

      Delete
  3. You can NEVER have too many striped shirts.. they are literally my FAVE to have!!! Also.. LOVE all your picks girly!!

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my motto! I always seem to go back to them, haha. Thank you sweetie. :) x

      Delete
  4. I like striped tops too. I just unintentionally turn to them as they draw my attention I think. :D As well as polka dots. oh, well. And those nike sneakers look awesome! :)
    I didn't do any huge hauls in February but at least brought home a very lovely, roughly knitted cardigan in beige/sand colour. It is sooo warm, I really enjoy it. :)
    Madara
    lookforsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those grey nikes are gorgeous! I need a pair in my life!

    www.romanablogs.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig