Thursday, February 25, 2016

Battling Problem Skin with Lush | Beauty



I've talked about my skin struggles on my blog before - I used to be a really bad case of acne, one that my doctor probably had to consult his colleagues about, from the ages of twelve to fourteen. It was a really hard time, and once I had overcome both the condition itself and the self-hatred that came with it, I thought that I would never face those kinds skin problems again.
Why do I always have to be so wrong?

Except for the odd spot here and there, my skin looked really, really great for a few months - then came the end of January.
I have no idea what happened, I appear to have either used or eaten something that I didn't know I was allergic to and my skin instantly held it against me. It got puffy and red all around my mouth area and under my nose, not in a spot-ish way, it looked more like a rash. I'll not go into the ugly details, it was really bad.
As you can imagine, my confidence took a big hit back then. I'm still struggling to learn how to be completely confident with how I look and how I am, so looking like an experiement gone wrong wasn't the best thing to happen to my face.

I tried a lot, and I mean a lot of products, and nothing helped - some even worsened my skin's condition. Then I had the glorious idea to ask one of the lovely girls in my local Lush whether they did a product that could help me, and it was the best thing I've ever done.



Franziska, the girl who introduced me to the "Don't Look At Me" face mask - yes, we do have the same name! - told me that the ground rice included in this will help exfoliate my skin while organic lemon juice and grapefruit oil refresh it and rejuvenate it, while organic silken tofu softens it up.

And the incredible thing is, this face mask does actually manage to achieve all of  the things it claims on the pot!
The pot advises you to apply a rich layer of the mask all over your face, smooth it out and leave it there to dry up for 10-15 minutes - during that time, it tends to sometimes make my skin feel a little tingly and itchy, which is probably due to the lemon juice, but that's nothing too dramatic.
What I love, however, is that my skin instantly feels refreshed once I've exfoliated it and washed the mask off completely. I feel like it finally gets to breathe - and it feels so extremly soft as well!

I was also amazed by how much this improved my skin's condition in the long haul.
After using this every single day for one week, there was almost no trace of redness to be found, which made me so happy I could've cried. I didn't imagine it to work so well even in my wildest dreams!


Overall, I think it's safe that this mask is worth every single cent I spent on it. At 10,45€, it's a little more pricey than your average drug store masks, but it makes up for that with both the results you'll receive and the fact that you get so much use out of it!
I think this one's actually my favorite Lush mask that I've tried so far, it's definitely better than their Mask of Magnaminty and even my beloved Cupcake mask!

Did you ever discover a product that improved your skin's condition drastically?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This looks wonderful I've never seen this lush product before! I could definitely do with checking it out though I have bad skin pretty much all of the time :(

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fairly new I think! I pop into my local Lush pretty regularly and I hadn't seen it before.
      I know how you feel - struggling with your skin isn't just about how it looks to the outside world, but also how it makes you feel deep down; that's what always hurt me the most.

      Delete
  2. I love Lush skin products especially their face masks! I have tried out a few but I just love Cupcake. Nice Post.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I've never experienced any allergic reactions to their products and I have really sensitive skin so that's why I like to come back to them - I should really pick up Cupcake again sometime soon, I love that mask so much! x

      Delete
  3. I keep meaning to try this face mask. It sounds like it's done wonders for your skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has! I'm so happy with the results I received with this - it's outstanding. :) x

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a great product, I'll have to try it out x

    blondelamode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dont Look At Me! It smells so so nice and like you said it really does the job. I've had so many breakouts recently so I think I need to re-purchase! Thanks for the reminder :)

    Great review!!

    Tania | teabee94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I completely forgot to mention the smell! It smells sooo nice.
      Hahah, great I reminded you of this one! x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig