Friday, February 5, 2016

17 On 17 | Lifestyle


 Guess who just turned seventeen? This girl celebrated her birthday yesterday. Yes, it's official, this is my last year as a wild teenager who couldn't care less about responsibilities, in one years time, I'll be an actual adult - well, at least in the eyes of the law, my Mom told me that I'm still pretty much a kid in her eyes.

Yesterday was a truly awesome day - I spent time with both my friends and especially my family, received some insane presents and ate what feels like my body weight in cake and Greek food.
I also took some time out of my day to reflect on my life, as weird as that might sound. Even though I'm still so young, I enjoyed sitting down and thinking about how far I've come at the end of the day -  and because of that, I decided to share 17 things that I'd learnt by the time I turned 17 with you guys!


1. Procastinating is never a good idea. It might seem like you still have so much time left to finish that task, but suddenly it's 2am and you're running on three cups of coffee and you still have to study for an exam you're taking the next day.

2. Good things don't come to those who wait, they come to those who work their asses off to deserve them.

3. Life can be a lot more fun if you decide to bend the rules just a tiny bit every once in a while.

4. The worst thing ever could happen to you, but the next morning, the sun will rise again, and you will get up, and you will eat your toast and drink your tea. Even if you feel like nothing will ever be right again, you will see that life moves on, and eventually you will, too.

5. When you are angry, be silent.

6. Falling in love with the idea of being with someone and actually falling in love with them are two very different things.

7. Just because you can stay up until 7am doesn't mean you should,

8. Family comes before anything, which might seem odd because I have fallen out with every single family member of mine so many times, but we always end up making up in the end. Even when I've had nothing, I had my family who always had my back and built me up. Blood really is thicker than water.

9. Investing into travels is always money well spent because the experiences you will make while on the road are truly worth a mint.

10. Being an educated, intelligent woman will always make you way more attractive than dumbing yourself down just to appear more likeable.

11. Falling in love with yourself first doesn't make you vain or selfish, it makes you indestructable.

12. It is better to be loved deeply than to be loved widely - when it comes to friends, quality over quantity. It's so much better to have a handful of people you could trust your life with than a room full of so called friends who don't even know a single thing about you,

13. Being alone doesn't always equate being lonely - in fact, it can be insanely calming and cleansing to spend some time with yourself every once in a while.

14. Even when you're scared out of your mind, speaking your mind and standing up for yourself will always be worth it. When you're experiencing injustice, never keep quiet.

15. When you are old and grey, sitting on your porch in a rocking chair, you probably won't remember what happened after you said 'no' to an opportunity, but you will remember next to every opportunity you said 'yes' to - so be more open, and be braver and make some amazing memories!

16. 99% of the things that keep you up at night are not worth losing sleep over because most of them will never actually happen.

17. If you find something in life that makes you truly happy, you should never give up on it. 


What's an important lesson that you have learnt over time?

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Happy Birthday! I wish I knew some of this stuff when I was 17, I wish I could have done my own reflection to see just how crazy it is looking back now! Nice post idea!

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I thought it'd be nice to bring something different to my blog for once, so I'm glad that you liked it :) x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I'll try to enjoy myself as much as possible while I start taking on adult things like applying for jobs and uni ;o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Happy Birthday! I hope you had a really wonderful day and what an amazing post! I really loved it so much fab advice too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad a lot of people liked me doing a different kind of post :) x

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good day! I love these kind of posts. :)
    I really agree with so many of these in particular 2, 8 , 10 and 11

    Ellen,
    My Blog

    Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really had an amazing time! I do too, I think it's really interesting to learn where life took different people and what they discovered on their way x

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday!
    I definitely agree with everything you've written. There are several things I still need to work on, for example, number 5 :D. Besides that, I have to say number 10 is my particular favourite!
    Also, you should be proud of yourself for being a very smart and intelligent girl in 17. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! After reading this post I can truly say you are wise beyond your years!! Such a great post!!!

    Keoshia
    http://www.mrsdoingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig