Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Most Hyped Lipstick Ever - MAC's Velvet Teddy | Beauty


If you're into your beauty products, you're probably no stranger to the lipstick in question. Ever since rumors started that MAC's 'Velvet Teddy' was the lipstick Kylie Jenner used, people rushed to the stores to try it out themselves, because really, we've all dreamt of having those full, perfect lips of Kylie's before, let's not lie to ourselves.

When more and more bloggers started to rave about how great this shades is, however, the hype around it was taken to a whole other level - it sold out literally all around the world, which means that I have been chasing this lipstick ever since Spring 2015. I kept going back to my local MAC counter to check whether it was back in stock, and the lady working there had to tell me that it sold out only a day after they got it every single time- it was craziness.

At the end of the year, when I had offically given up on this godforsaken lipstick, I opened a box on Christmas Day just to find it in there. I have no idea what my Mom had to do to get it, but she's an actual angel.
So, no that I finally got to try out what must be one of the most hyped lipsticks in the blogging community, do I still find it as great as everyone made me believe it to be?



First of I have to say that I'm in love with the shade itself. Because of my really pale skin, it's pretty hard for me to find a nude that compliments my skin tone, but 'Velvet Teddy' works perfectly for me. Besides that, my mother, who has medium dark skin also owns this shade, and it suits her a lot as well, so this one's a nude that's worth checking out for several kinds of skintones!
It's a beige shade with slight rosy undertones, so it's a very laid-back shade and great for every-day wear.
The color-payoff of this lipstick is also really, really great, because you don't need to apply a lot of this at all for the shade to transfer onto your lips.

'Velvet Teddy' has a matte finish, which has it's pros and cons.
As for the pros, the matte finish obiously makes the lipstick sit in place nicely for several hours on end, not smudging or sliding around at all, even when you drink and eat.
Sadly it also dries out the lips a lot and defines all the dry patches you may or may not have got, and during cold days, I've found my lips feeling like they're going to burst into pieces after wearing this for an entire day - so if your lips are usually dry, you should definitely moisturize and exfoliate them before using this lipstick, or it won't look good - or feel good, for that matter - at all.

Wear wise, I mentioned a lot of apects already. Ahead of my time, whoops.
I've worn this lipstick out for a few really long days, and it usually sat in place for at least three to four hours, which in my eyes, is amazing. It also doesn't budge when you're eating or drinking, which is great for clusmy eaters like me who sometimes end up smudging their lipsticks all around their mouth. Oh the shame.


All in all, I really love this lipstick. The shade is so versatile and goes with a lot of the make up looks I create, so I have gotten an insane amount of wear out of this already - I've worn it for almost the entire month!
Obviously, it's a pretty pricey option at 20€, especially as there are some really great drugstore dupes out there for like Essence's "In The Nude" lipliner or Maybelline's "Color Drama Lip Pencil" in Nude Perfection which are almost identical in shade for just a fraction of the price.
However, if you, like me, appreciate the quality you get with MAC's lipsticks and prefer them over drugstore ones, this one is definitely a nude you should try!


Have you ever tried a product that had a lot of hype around it?


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Okay i'm officially crying. I need this in my life, NOW.
    It's so pretty i can't even omg

    lovely post!
    www.ZyaandDaizy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie!
      It is one of the prettiest shades I own, I adore it so much x

      Delete
  2. I definitely fell for the hype! I was a bit worried about pulling off this colour because I'm so pale, but it actually seems super flattering!
    Laura x FloraLooTwo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I exactly what you mean, being pale does really restrict you in your choices of shades to wear, doesn't it?
      Velvet Teddy thankfully appears to suit a lot of skin tones, though, which is great because the shade itself is absolutely stunning! x

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhh that's why I've seen this everywhere!!!! I was wondering why all of a sudden everyone was obsessed with this lipstick color!! I think I'm still going to give it a go b/c it might be the perfect shade for me! =) Thank you for clearing this up!

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig