Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Perfect Nude Lip | Beauty

I actually didn't even realize that this post has been sitting in my drafts ever since the beginning of August, waiting ever-so patiently for me to finally finish it - which I obviously never did. Nice one, Franzi. Blogging done right.

Anyways, I'm kind of shocked that I didn't talk about this beauty of a product earlier on my blog, because for one, it's a lippie and y'all know how I feel about those, and it is also the most wearable nude I have found to date.

But before I gabble on, let's have a look at what we're talking about first!


The lipstick in question is MAC's Viva Glam II. It has a Satin finish, which is my favorite out of all the ones MAC has to offer because the formula is slightly more forgiving and less drying on your lips than a matte one might be, yet the color pay-off is still as amazing.


As you can see in the above swatch, the shade might appear to be brown-ish at first - it at least did to me and my Mum, unless we're completely colorblind - but it's actually a muted rosé/beige shade that has some shimmer running through it. But if you're not a fan of shimmer, don't fret - once applied to the lips, it's basically not noticeable.

I found this kind of nude to work really great for my porcelain skin as it doesn't wash me out, nor does it make my rosey undertones stand out drastically like some other lipsticks I tried do.

Application wise, this lipstick's pretty easy to work with. I usually only prepare my lips by using some lip balm to keep them from getting dry before applying the product and I'm good to go.

What I really like about this is its wear time. Thanks to its formula, this lipstick lasts on the lips for around four hours and mostly survives any eating or drinking before I have to touch it up.
Sadly, it doesn't fade as nicely as some of my other MAC lippies do, which means that once it does start to wear off, it will hardly leave a stain and will be pretty noticeable.


Overall, I think that investing 20€ into this lipstick as definitely worth it, not only because of the great quality you get for it, but also because MAC donates every single penny they make from the Viva Glam line to charity.


What is your favorite MAC lipstick?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig