Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Travel Bucket List | Lifestyle

I'm definitely not what you would call a well traveled person - to be honest, I haven't even been to the seaside before. My parents have always worked a lot and never got a lot of time off work, so family holidays haven't really been an option in the past.
Now that I'm older, though, I feel like something has changed.

I've been to France, Austria, Poland and the Czech Republik before, but the first time I travelled really far away from home was went I went to America last fall (you can read about that trip here), and that sparked my interest in travelling.

I've managed to put together quite a list of places I want to visit over time, and as summer is nearing and we're all craving sun bathing, coctails, the beach and exploring the unkown, I decided to share them with you.


1. New York City


I have been wanting to see this place with my own eyes ever since I was a kid - back then I was dreaming of moving to New York and starting a singing or acting career, but now that I'm older and have accepted that no one will ever appreciate my talent - dramatic sigh - I just really want to be the typical tourist.
I'd love to just watch the time square and all the people passing through there, I want to go up the Empire State Building even though I'm insanely afraid of heights and might faint, take a nice walk through Central Park and take an iconic selfie in front of the statue of liberty.
And who knows, maybe I'll even stumble into a talent scout there? Who am I kidding here.


2. Rome


Now, five years of Latin class shouldn't have been taken for nothing, right?
I'm joking, but Rome is another city that I've been day-dreaming about for a few years now - notice a pattern here?
There is so much history to see in that one city, and if you put the fact that Latin is a horrible subject to take at school, the Roman times are actually really, really interesting.
I'd also love to visit the Vatican at least once in my life as I'm a catholic Christian, and I feel like that place is just something that every single one of us needs to experience in their life.


3. Maldives


As I mentioned above, I have actually never been to the beach before, and how much more extravagant and breath-taking can a beach get than the ones Maldives have to offer?
I know a few people who have been there before and the pictures they showed me are absolutely incredible.
Also, I couldn't imagine anything nicer than swimming and enjoying ice cream in the sun right now to escape my finals.


4. London


My Dad and I have been meaning to go to London for at least two years now, but there was always something more important going on that was keeping us in Germany.
I've heard quite a few people who visit London frequently talk about how they actually don't like it that much, but I feel like I would love a busy, packed city like it.
Also, going shopping on Oxford Street is on my bucket list, so that is something that I'll definitely want to experience as well.


Well, those are four of the cities that I want to visit some time.
What places would you like to travel to?



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. If you go to London you should go at Christmas time! Shopping on Oxford street with all the Christmas lights is beautiful!

    Jessica x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so dreamy! I'll definitely take that into cosideration. x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aw, you really have to actually visit me next summer! I miss you so much :(

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig