Sunday, May 10, 2015

Glow In Three, Two, One... | Beauty

Do you ever put off repurchasing a product because you think yours is going to last you for at least a few more weeks?
That's what happened to me when it came to the one and only highlighter I was using which was by Manhattan, I kept telling myself that I'd still get some use out of it, but by the time I had to face the fact that there was nothing left and went to buy a new one, I found out that it had been discountinued.

Nonetheless, I was obviously still in need of a highlighter, so I wandered around the drugstore, searching for an alternative.

That's when I stumbled upon Essence's "soo glow!" highlighter, a cream to powder product - which I was very skeptical about, but more on that later.
As it was only 2,79€ for medium sized product, I decided to check it out.



There are two shades to choose from, but I went for "bright up your life", which appears to be a rosey shade at first, but actually shows up as more champangey, which I feel compliments my skin quite a bit.




Now, I have never used a cream highlighter before,
Actually, I haven't used any cream products on my face before - I'm not entirely sure why, but I somehow always stuck with powder ones.

Application wise, this is okay - not great, but also not completely bad.
I use my fingers to apply it to the desired areas, which is all good and well, but it takes quite a while to blend into the skin to get more of a natural looking glow - if you don't blend it in sufficiently, you might end up looking greasy in the sunlight.

What I really like about this is that it doesn't feel heavy on my skin, which I had expected from a cream product - it actually feels like I'm not wearing anything at all.

The longevity however, is really neat.
I usually apply my make up at around 6 in the morning, and this always stays on until around 11 or 12, which I find outstanding for such a affordable product.


Overall, I think this is a really nice, affordable highlighter, but definitely not for someone who is looking for something more subtle - especially people with darker skin - or someone who doesn't have a lot of time they can spend on their make up in the morning.
I actually have a lot some time to do my make up in the morning - I mean, I don't get up at 5.30 for nothing - so this has become a set step in my make up routine!



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks like a nice highlighter. I have never tried any from Essence.

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first one I tried from their range as well, and I was pleasantly suprised!

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig