Sunday, May 17, 2015

Battling Breakouts With Lush | Beauty

Having oily/combination skin, something that I have to put up with a lot is sudden breakouts.

Now, I have tried and tested a whole bunch of different products to help improve my skin - different kinds of cleansers, toners and serums. But the one thing I keep coming back to are face masks - I'll always pop them in my basket when I'm shopping downtown.

Something else that I simply can't resist is having a look around Lush whenever I pass the store - there's just something about all those scents and pretty colors that always lures me in there.

But even though I keep paying visits to Lush, I have never gone further than buying their bath bombs - shocking, I know, but I was never really brave enough to try out one of their skincare products as I'm really, really fussy with what I use on my face due to my past experiences.

But the last time I was in there, it was different - I was going through a phase of extremely oily skin and bad breakouts, and to say it plainly, I was insanely desperate, so I had a look at all the face masks Lush has to offer and decided that their "Cupcake" mask had to come home with me.


What I love about Lush is that I can trust their ingredients to be natural, so I know that I'm not going to put anything toxic on my face.
Ingredients in this face mask include rhassoul mud, which helps with cleansing and softening your skin, linseed infusion, which acts protective and nourishing as well as cocoa powder, fair trade vanilla absolute and fresh mint, which give off the most amazing scent.



The "Cupcake" mask promises to draw out all the dirt and impurities and give you a deep cleanse, while the fresh mint is supposed to stimulate and tone your skin whilst cocoa powder and linseed soften and moisturise it.

I could already see all of those effects after my second use.
As this is a fresh face mask and you're supposed to keep it in your fridge, this feels insanely cooling and fresh on your skin when you first apply it.
What I also like about this is that while it's on your face for the recommended 5-10 miutes, it smells of fresh ingredients, especially of cocoa powder and mint - because in my opinion, there is nothing worse than a face mask that smells like chemicals.

After I rinse this of with warm water after the recommended amount of time, the majoirity of my blackheads are gone and I feel like my skin can actually breathe again.
Even though this mask is supposed to keep your oily skin at bay, it still moisturises it so it doesn't feel all dry and tense, but very soft instead.
The day after I use this, my spots are a lot less red and visible, some smaller ones even seem to dissapear completely over night.


Overall, I would highly recommend this face mask to everyone who is struggling with oily skin or with bad breakouts.
As it retails at 10,45€, it's rather pricy compared to your average drugstore mask, but the effects of this are a thousand times more visible and you also get a lot more uses out of this than you would of a one use face mask as it's a 45ml pot.

What is your favorite Lush product?



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. My favourite lush products definitely are bath bombs! Too many good ones to choose my favourite though. haha. xx
    allthingsblogstyle.blogspot.hk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them as well! I can never leave their store without buying a bath bomb it seems hahah. x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig