Friday, April 10, 2015

The Foundation That Changed The Game For Me | Beauty

To be honest, until recently I was that kind of girl that didn't use foundations at all - I used to steal my Mom's Helena Rubinstein one, which was about two shades too dark for me, when I was younger, so once I realized how utterly ridiculous that made me look, I completely restrained from wearing it altogether for the past few years.

A few of the things that put me off foundations were the fear that it would feel super heavy on my skin and not allow it to breathe at all, causing me to have harsh breakouts; or the fact that I never even found a shade that was remotely similar to my very pale skin.

Obviously, being timid as I am when it comes to using products on my skin, I read a sheer endless amount of reviews on multiple foundations. As I didn't want to splurge on a highend foundation that might end up causing irriations on my skin, I opted for a drugstore one. And how could I not get the maybe most hyped durgstore foundation ever?



Yeah, that's right. I finally gave in to the rave reviews and decided to see what all the fuss was about myself - and with a retail price of around 11€ on feelunique, which is where I ordered it from, you really couldn't go wrong, could you?

The first thing I noticed about this - and to be honest, I crumbled a little inside - was the scent this foundation gave off when I first swatched it. I mean, the scent isn't all too strong or persistent, I just instantly feared that whatever made the foundation smell like that would irritate my skin - but fear not, it actually didn't! I've been using this for well over a week now, and I haven't noticed any weird breakouts yet.



To me, the main attraction of this foundation was the fact the Rimmel offers it in a very light shade - Light Porcelain, which is a rather pale, peach toned shade - and it turned out to be the perfect match for my skin tone! This has never happened to me before, so you can imagine that I was very drilled.

What I like about this it that it doesn't make you look like you're wearing a lot of make up, it looks like - well, skin. If you're going for a natural, 'lit-from-within' look, this might be the one for you!

As far as applying this goes, it blends in very easily. I'd say that this foundation gives you a medium coverage, it does a good job at hiding smaller blemishes and red patches. If you're trying to go for more of a full coverage, though, you can build it up as well.

Rimmel claims that this foundation "stays put for up to 10 hours", and while I haven't worn it for a full ten hours yet, I can stand by the fact that it lasts for at least seven hours, which I found incredible as most of the products I've used so far seemed to literally slide down my face after a few hours.


Overall, I think it's safe to say that Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation has converted me to somewhat of a foundation lover.
This gem made it's way into my everyday makeup insanely fast, both because of the insane longevity of it and because it still feels very light on the skin at the same time.

I think I'll have an in-depth look at Rimmel's other foundations in the near future because this one definitely got me hooked!

Have you tried any of Rimmel's foundations?

Thank you so much for reading!



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Still stalking your blog - I just came across it today - and I'm loving it so far! I use the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation and I swear by it - Rimmel foundations are so so good! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's so nice to hear! I'll put the Match Perfection on my 'to try' list - I'm head over heels for Rimmel's foundations now! x

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to try this one out for such a long time!
    Shaguna
    www.goldandhearts.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig