Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Body Scrub That Dreams Are Made Of | Beauty

I'm a bath (and also shower) kinda girl all the way - to me, there is nothing better than running myself a nice, hot bath at the end of a stressful day, and I easily could spend several hours pampering myself.

While there are a few companies that I find myself going back to again and again, I have actually never tried any of Soap & Glory's products - gasp - even though I've seen quite a lot of bloggers talking about them, the main reason being that here in Germany, they're a little pricy.

Naturally, I've been eyeing up some of their goodies for a while now, trying to decide which ones I should give a go, and my Mom randomly decided to get me the "Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub", and let me tell you, it really is glorious.


First of all, almost all of Soap & Glory's packaging is seriously so cute. I'm actually not someone who likes pink all too much, but it's got something about them that makes me want to smile whenever I walk past their counter.

The first thing I noticed about this was the scent that instantly spread across the room when I took off the lid. I think I remember once smelling one of Soap & Glory's products over a year ago and really disliking the smell, but thank god, the Flake Away scrub has a completely different one - it has a very light, sweet scent - a tad of lemon and peaches, with a bit of a rose thrown into the mix. 
Overall, it is very pleasant scent that lingers on the skin for quite some time after you've used it, and even though I almost expected my skin to break out in a rash because of it, none of that ever happened.

The scrub itself is a rather thick paste that contains tiny sugar scrubs which are supposed to exfoliate your skin.


I've found that because the consistency of this body scrub is quite thick, it is very easy to work into the skin and doesn't end up on the floor of my shower. It also leaves a bit of a film on my skin after I'v e rinsed the srub of, which is not at all greasy, but in fact even a little moisturizing.

I was afraid that the scrubs in this might irritate my skin, which they did end up doing - it's not drastic or anything, but if you have very sensitive skin, you should be careful with this and might not apply it with too much pressure.

I've used this product once a week for around a month now, and I have indeed noticed the change my skin has been going through - it used to be very dull and dry, but after using the "Flake Away" body scrub (and some body lotion afterwards) it started getting a bit smoother with every use.

Now, I'm not saying that this is some kind of wonder drug for your skin - even though I might've hoped for something along those lines for a kind of hefty pricetag of 14,99€. 
My skin still tends to get really dry after some time but now I might have found my holy grail product to battle that feeling!


Would you recommend some of Soap & Glory's other products?

Thank you so much for reading!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love this body scrub and the smell of it!
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is what got me interested in this in the first place, haha. x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig