Friday, April 3, 2015

Mac Satin Lipstick in Twig | Beauty

Like a lot of girls, I have a thing for Mac's lipsticks. Their wide range of shades, the many different finishes, there's just something about that counter that seems to magically attract me whenever I'm near one.

But, like most teenagers, I'm also on a spending ban 90% of the time, because whether it's a friend's birthday present, a holiday, an unnecassary new pair of shoes - there's always something to save for.

So when I was oh-ing and ah-ing at all the lipsticks Mac has to offer when I was downtown last week and the nice lady at the counter told someone that they only one lipstick in the shade 'Twig' left in stock, I took the bullet and made an impulse purchase because that exact shade had been on my wishlist for a while.


As I said, buying such "luxury" items always leaves me feeling a little guilty, but that feeling dissapeared when I wore this for the first time.

Twig is a mauve-y kind of shade, turning into a darker toned red on my lips. Now, when I was about to apply this for the first time, I was super unsure if this would work for me. I'm more of a nude or pink lip kinda girl, and anything even slightly red scares me.
But even though this is a darker shade, it doesn't wash me out, doesn't make me look like a Barbie doll, nothing like that.
It's one of these "your lips but better" kind of shades, which is great for every day wear, but could also work for a night out.


This lipstick has a Satin finish - now, I didn't own that kind of lipstick before, but it has pretty much become my favorite kind of finish. It makes the product stay on your lips for an incredibly long time - I wore this for six or seven hours one day, and the shade was still very visible - while still giving your lips that hint of moisturation, not leaving them dry at all, like a matte formula would.

If you're looking for a subtle, darker shade and have fair to medium skin, this is definitely the one for you!
The price tag might be a little off-putting, but to be honest, the quality of this makes every single cent spent on it worth it.


What's your favorite shade of Mac's range? Enlighten me so I can add even more lipsticks to my wishlist!

Thank you so much for reading!



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This shade looks really nice. I really want to buy some mac lipsticks :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, it's one of the nicest shades I've evrt owned! And I do too, if only they weren't so expensive, sigh.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color.

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig