Friday, April 17, 2015

Kiko Velvet Mat Lipstick | Beauty

Kiko is a brand that I've heard a bunch of great things about, and there's even an entire Kiko store in a mall that I might go to a little too often, but I've never gotten around to trying one of their products before.

Well, you might know that I've put myself on a spending ban, but when I was at said mall sometime over spring break and finally wandered into the Kiko store as I saw they had a sale going on.
A few swatches and debates later I left with 5€ less in my purse and a new lipstick - I guess by now, this will be no suprise for you - I swear, the sale was a totally valid enough reason for me to pick this one up.




The one that got to go home with me is their Velvet Mat Lipstick in the shade '602 Natural Rose', which, as the name suggests, is a dark rose shade.



Can I just say that the packaging of this is absolutely gorgeous?
The shiny golden shade makes it look a little more pricy - which I love, because honestly, no one likes packaging that looks and feels cheap, no matter how great the actual product is.
The twist of this is that is not your usual "pull-of-the-top-lid" lipstick, either - to use the product, you will have to push down the top lid and violà - you're ready to use it.

The feel of this product on the lips is very nice. I expected the usual tugging and fighting I've experienced with other matte lipsticks, but thank god, I didn't have to put up with any of that. It feels  smooth and quite hydrating without being too creamy - because of that, though, it has more of a satin finish rather than a matte one.

The longevity of this is alright, nothing that got me super excited, but I'm also not dissapointed by it by any means - the lipstick stays put for around 2 to 3 hours, maybe a little longer if you don't eat or drink too much in that time span.
After that, the lipstick doesn't dissapear completely, it still leaves quite a strong stain, it just loses it's matte-ish formula almost completely.


Overall, I think that this lipstick is great for it's retail price, which is 6,90€, but I recommend you pick it up during the sale Kiko have going on on their website if you want to give one of these a go.
There is a total of 15 shades available in the 'Velvet Mat' range, ranging from a few nude colors to pinks, reds and plums, so there will definitely be something for everyone in there!

If my purse allows it, I think I'll test some more of Kiko's products as I stumbled upon some other hidden gems when I picked the lipstick up - is this a new love affair in the making?
Who knows!

Thank you so much for reading!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That lipstick color is absolutely gorgeous! I love the packaging.
    Shaguna
    http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=4293371542&blog=13938481

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It has the most beautiful packaging I've ever seen on a budget lipstick! x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig