Friday, March 20, 2015

Declaring War On Oily Areas | Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

Now, everyone and their mother has probably heard about this product, but for someone who, like me, doesn't have access to Rimmel products if they don't order them someplace online, this is a new discovery.

And where the heck has it been all this time?

I suffer from fairly oily skin that is mostly annoying me in my T-Zone, but is also pretty persistent in my chin and cheek area.
Because of that, I've been on a hunt for a powder that fights my super shiny face and stays in place for a few hours before it needs some touching up while also suiting my incredibly pale skin tone - yeah, no budget friendly product would do all these things at once, right?

That's what I thought, anyway - but then I picked up this powder after seeing quite a few bloggers praise this - and I never looked back.


I picked this one up in the shade 001 transparent, which works great for my pale skin and doesn't end up looking cakey or chalky at all. It also doesn't feel heavy in the slightest.


First of all, on of the most important things about this powder is that it doesn't break me out at all.
If you, unlike me, don't have too sensetive skin, then this will probably not be your highest priority, but for me, finding a product that doesn't leave my face covered in rash is like christmas coming early.



According to Rimmel, this is supposed to give you "5 hours of natural shine control", which I actually stand by - on an average day, my face stayed matte for four to five hours - which, for a price tag of 3,30€, is pretty damn neat.

The powder is also supposed to "minimize the appearance of pores", which in my opinion it only does to a very, very small extend - but as that wasn't what I was looking for in the product anyway, it didn't bother me too much.
However, if you're looking for minimized pores, I'd definitely use a primer before applying this powder.


Verdict:

This is one of my new make up essentials!
There are quite a few shades of this powder so even super pale girls like me will actually find a shade that goes with their skintone.
This does an amazingly good job at keeping oily skin at bay and giving my skin a matte finish.
And on top of that all it is super cheap - Rimmel is, as I mentioned, not availabe in stores in Germany, so I had to order it only - and it still was only 3,30€!


What is your go-to powder?

Thank you so much for reading!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig